Thursday, January 30, 2020

Hello, once again

I am so happy to greet you this evening.  I wanted to say a word about legacy tonight.  There was an opinion piece in yesterday's (Twin Cities) StarTribune {2020-01-29} that talked about what a legacy Kobe Bryant might have left.  The author said that almost all of us will be remembered for about 50 years, at best.  And that only a handful are remembered beyond that time.  It is a great piece, if you can find it.
     Legacy is some of what drives my creative endeavors; I think that if I can produce some work, perhaps it will live on after I pass away.  I don't know if that is true or not, but it does stay hidden in the back of my mind - in the deep recesses of my hidden shadows.  It won't stop my music composing, nor my poetry or photography.  There is much I think I need to share.  And if 50 years is all I really get, then perhaps my grandchildren (well, grandchild now: hopefully plural someday) will tell their children about what their great-grandfather or great-grandmother has done and what kind of an impact was made.  Again, I will never know for sure, but perhaps in the afterlife I may.
     Thanks for reading and now you can look forward to more posts.  I guess some browsers work better than others...  :-).

No comments: