Monday, March 3, 2008

Librarians: prep for meeting...

Hey, Librarians: Does anyone have any important sources for information on (1)copy cataloging, or (2) acquisitions? I think I could do the copy cataloging in my sleep [In fact I spent today doing some copy cataloging for Leslie @ Central.]... (though I need to brush up on the LOC classifications), but acquisitions are another matter. That will take some study; not that I couldn't do it. Does anyone have any quick sources on jargon, procedures or requirements? ...just asking. :-)

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Do you think you could handle copy cataloging day in and day out? Hopefully, they give you other more strenuous mind tasks. I would need to dig out my textbooks from my cataloging classes to see if I had any information to pass on or else just look on google like the rest of the world!
By the way, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!