Tuesday, March 25, 2008

More Thing 19

I visited "imagechef" and found that it could be lots of fun, ...I guess. My point is that the time one spends at sites like this -- where one just "goofs around" -- could be spent on other things. I envision people playing cards, or walking around the lake, or going on a bike ride to Dairy Queen, or writing a letter to one's mom and dad or grandparents, or visiting friends, or playing music together, or ... well, you get the point. Taking time to "goof around" on the computer to me seems like a sad waste of time. Life is meant to be physical, to be metaphysical, to be connected in real time and place with others. I just couldn't see the point of creating an email message or picture on "imagechef" because there is so much else that one could be doing!

Music on Easter Sunday (and on the Saturday before) went well, thank you. And today, via UPS, came another fun surprise. For my birthday this month I ordered a tenor recorder. It sounds one whole octave below a soprano recorder (the one you probably think of when you think of a recorder). It is built for those of us with small fingers. :-) I am a very happy camper now!
<---Soprano Recorder
<----Tenor Recorder [it really is much bigger, just ask :-) ]

1 comment:

Eeva said...

David,

Recorders are so "in" in our house right now because our fourth grader is prepping for his class recorder concert in school. I don't think they ever use a tenor recorder there -- that would be a great addition!